Regional & Cohesion Policy post-2020
Regional Development and Cohesion Policy beyond 2020: The New Framework
Most 2014-20 funding programmes have closed their calls for proposals for this period. The European Commission, along with Member States, are currently preparing for the new programming period 2021-27.
Regional Development and Cohesion Policy beyond 2020: The New Framework at a glance
A focus on five investment priorities, where the EU is best placed to deliver EU investments in 2021-2027:
- Smarter Europe, through innovation, digitisation, economic transformation and support to small and medium-sized businesses
- a Greener, carbon free Europe, implementing the Paris Agreement and investing in energy transition, renewables and the fight against climate change
- a more Connected Europe, with strategic transport and digital networks
- a more Social Europe, delivering on the European Pillar of Social Rights and supporting quality employment, education, skills, social inclusion and equal access to healthcare
- a Europe closer to citizens, by supporting locally-led development strategies and sustainable urban development across the EU.
Regional development investments will strongly focus on objectives 1 & 2. 65% to 85% of ERDF and Cohesion Fund resources will be allocated to these priorities, depending on Member States’ relative wealth.
Click here for more information on the 2021-27 roadmap.