Interreg Europe 2021-27
Interreg Europe is an interregional cooperation programme, co-funded by the EU. The EU strives to reduce disparities in the levels of development, growth and quality of life in and across Europe’s regions. Our programme contributes to this objective and runs 2021-27.
The programme has a budget of €379 million to help local, regional and national governments across Europe to develop and deliver better policy, and create an environment and opportunities for sharing solutions to regional development issues. It also supports the exchange of good practices and policy learning among European regions in 29 countries - the EU27, Norway and Switzerland.
Interreg Europe contributes to all EU priorities and strives for better regional governance through capacity building.
Who can benefit?
- Public authorities
- national, regional, local public authorities
- other relevant bodies responsible for developing and/ or implementing regional development policies
- authorities responsible for developing and/or implementing the Investment for jobs and growth programmes
- Organisations relevant for regional development policies
- Business support organisations (development agencies, chambers of commerce, clusters, etc.)
- Environmental organisations (energy agencies, NGOs, etc.)
- Education and research institutions
Check when the next call for proposals will be under Interreg Europe.
Two paths to better policies
Interregional cooperation projects: projects bring together a fixed number of partners from different regions who exchange and transfer experience on a shared regional development issue.
Policy Learning Platform: platform's team of experts make our programme's results and achievements accessible to all through a range of policy-learning services.