Regional Development & Cohesion Policy Post-2020: The New Framework
Note: most 2014-20 funding programmes have closed their calls. The European Commission, with Member States, are preparing for the new programming period 2021-27.
Focus on five investment priorities, where the EU is best placed to deliver EU investments in 2021-27:
- Smarter Europe, through innovation, digitisation, economic transformation and support to small & medium-sized businesses
- Greener, carbon free Europe, implementing the Paris Agreement and investing in energy transition, renewables and the fight against climate change
- more Connected Europe, with strategic transport and digital networks
- more Social Europe, delivering on the European Pillar of Social Rights and supporting quality employment, education, skills, social inclusion and equal access to healthcare
- Europe closer to citizens, by supporting locally-led development strategies and sustainable urban development across the EU.
Regional development investments will strongly focus on objectives 1 & 2.
65% to 85% of ERDF and Cohesion Fund resources will be allocated to these priorities, depending on Member States’ relative wealth.
Click here for more information on the 2021-27 roadmap.