Atlantic Area is one of the transnational European Territorial Cooperation (Interreg B) programmes which are co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The Programme promotes transnational cooperation between 36 Atlantic regions of five European countries in Ireland, western UK, Portugal and designated coastal regions of Spain and France.
With a total budget of €185m, the Programme’s overall objective is to implement solutions to answer regional challenges in the fields of innovation, resource efficiency, environment, and protection of cultural assets, to generate a better quality of life in the Atlantic Area territory.
The Programme has four priorities under which projects operate:
- Stimulating Innovation & Competitiveness
- Fostering resource efficiency
- Strengthening the territory's resilience to risks of natural, climate & human origin
- Enhancing biodiversity & the natural and cultural assets
The Northern & Western Regional Assembly is the National Contact Point for the Programme. The Southern Regional Assembly sits on the Programme’s Regional Advisory Group and is the designated First Level Controller for payment claims from partners located in the S&E Region.
- National Contact Point: Brendan Mooney, Northern & Western Regional Assembly
- First Level Control audit: email@example.com, Northern & Western Regional Assembly
Visit the Programme website for more information.