- Priority Axis 1: Territorial Evidence, Transfer, Observation, Tools and Outreach
- Priority Axis 2: Technical Assistance (TA)
- Specific Objective 1: Enhanced production of territorial evidence through applied research and analyses.
- Specific Objective 2: Upgraded knowledge transfer and use of analytical user support.
- Specific Objective 3: Improved territorial observation and tools for territorial analyses.
- Specific Objective 4: Wider outreach and uptake of territorial evidence.
- Specific Objective 5: Leaner, and more effective and efficient implementation provisions and more proficient programme assistance.
The ESPON 2020 Programme aims at promoting and fostering a European territorial dimension in development and cooperation by providing evidence, knowledge transfer and policy learning to public authorities and other policy actors at all levels.
ESPON 2020 shall continue the consolidation of a European Territorial Observatory Network and grow the provision and policy use of pan-European, comparable, systematic and reliable territorial evidence.
The objective of the ESPON 2020 Cooperation Programme is to support the reinforcement of the effectiveness of EU Cohesion Policy and other sectoral policies and programmes under European Structural Investment (ESI) funds as well as national and regional territorial development policies, through the production, dissemination and promotion of territorial evidence covering the entire territory of the 28 EU Members States, as well as 4 Partner States of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
Priority Axes of ESPON 2020
In order to fulfil the strategy, mission and objectives related to the ESPON 2020 Programme, two Priority Axes will govern the programme implementation:
The organisation of the programme implementation along two Priority Axes is closely related to the establishement of a Single Beneficiary, the ESPON EGTC, for the implementation of Priority Axis 1 of the ESPON 2020 Programme.
Priority Axis 1 covers a single thematic objective of the ETC Regulation and will deliver in relation to the Investment Priority: Institutional capacity and an efficient public administration.
The five specific objectives that will guide the implementation of the ESPON 2020 Programme are:
48,678,851.00 €; EU contribution: 41,377,019.00 €
In addition, the ESPON 2020 Programme receives a support of 1,850,000.00 € from the 4 Partner States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).