Webinar: Developing Industrial Resilience in the face of COVID-19 26-6-20
The Southern Regional Assembly are stakeholders on the Interreg Europe FOUNDATION project on which Cork Institute of Technology, through the V-LINC Research group are lead partner. The project was originally designed to explore how local and regional economies might mitigate against the loss of a major employer (were a large enterprise to close in a region). However, like everyone else in the midst of the Covid-19 crisis the focus of the project has shifted towards mitigation against the impact of the virus on business, and regional competitiveness.
As part of the project, Lead Partner CIT hosted a webinar ‘Policy Support for Industrial Resilience’ which took place on the 26th June 2020. Over 120 participants attended the webinar, which was an opportunity to explore examples of good practices currently happening in partner regions across the EU in getting business re-opening and supporting those who have lost their jobs. These included:
- New Frontiers Programme – Rubicon Centre: Presented by: Alison Walsh, New Frontiers Programme Manager, Rubicon Centre, Cork Institute of Technology. Region: Southern & Eastern, Ireland.
- SME Export Promotion: Presented by: Janne Hietaniemi, Senior Lead, Think Big – Go Global programme at NIHAK ry. Region: Pohjois- ja Itä-Suomi, Finland.
- Podkarpackie vs. Coronavirus: Presented by: Marek Duda, International Projects Director, Rzeszow Regional Development Agency. Region: Podkarpackie Voivodeship, Poland.
- Speed UP Programme: Presented by: Carlos Miras, Regional Development Agency of Murcia Region. Region: Murcia, Spain.
- Clusterland and Covid-19: Presented by: Werner Pamminger, CEO at Business Upper Austria. Region: Oberösterreich, Austria.
- Here 4 Business: Presented by: Phil Hargreaves, Business Growth Hub. Region: Greater Manchester, UK.
- No Quarantine on the Internet: Presented by: Inga Juozapavičienė, Head of Entrepreneurship Department at Enterprise Lithuania. Region: Vilnius, Lithuania.
- Szombathely reSTART Program: Presented by: Adrienn Bokányi, Municipality of Szombathely. Region: Nyugat-Dunántúl, Hungary.
- Workers Buy Out (WBO): Presented by: Rita Piccinini, Senior Project Manager of STU Reggiane and Municipality of Reggio Emilia. Region: Emilia-Romagna, Italy
A short summary on the interventions presented is posted in an article ‘Summary - Policy Support for Industrial Resilience,’ which has been put together by project partners CEEIC.
For further information on the Foundation Project please visit the Interreg Europe Website.
Project contact: Dr John Hobbs, CIT Email: John.Hobbs@cit.ie