Open Day event at the Abbey Creative Quarter project site on Saturday 20th May #euinmyregion
Kilkenny County Council held a highly successful Open Day event at the Abbey Creative Quarter project site on Saturday 20th May. The day was a mix of nostalgia and a sharing of the next steps for the development of the site. This was an #euinmyRegion event.
The people of Kilkenny came out in their droves with 2,500 people attending all told. Many hundreds stopped by our stand to hear about the work of the Assembly and the investment under the European co-funded Southern and Eastern Regional Programme.
The day was filled with lots of choice and visitors had a chance to:
• Visit St Francis Abbey and see the City Walls including Evans Turrett (National Monuments)
• View the plans for the former Mayfair Ballroom, The Brewhouse and The Riverside Garden.
• Review the Masterplan for the former Smithwick’s Brewery site.
There was lively chat and entertainment with:
• KCLR Saturday Show Presenter Edward Hayden Outside Broadcast – Interview with Cllr. John Brennan and Derville Brennan, Southern Regional Assembly.
• The Aces Showband with special guests from ‘The Black Aces’ & The Uptown Band.
• Community Radio Kilkenny City - Interviews sharing Mayfair Memories and the recollections of the former Smithwick’s workers and Derville Brennan, talking about the EU programmes and the work of the Southern Regional Assembly.
The Abbey Creative Quarter Project is part funded by the ERDF