Development/Project Officer (Grade V)
The Southern Regional Assembly, wishes to recruit full-time permanent Development/Project Officers for Interreg funded programmes/projects within the EU Programmes Division.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, EU Programmes Division, duties will include:
• Liaising with organisations and groups to generate project ideas
• Assisting project promoters to develop high quality project applications
• Analysing and appraising project applications
• Acting as an information point and publicising the programme/project locally
• Providing assistance and advice to approved projects
• Preparing project applications and EU Funding bids
• Manage the implementation of EU Projects including financial management and reporting
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
• Identify potential funding streams of regional benefit
• Undertake work related travel, as required (both domestic and international)
Well educated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to deal with people across a range of organisations. Candidates should possess a good standard of experience in office organisation, financial procedures and staff management. The Development/Project Officer will also be expected to have a satisfactory knowledge of public service organisation in Ireland and a practical understanding of economic, social and physical development issues at national, regional and local level. An awareness of the principles, management, control and reporting requirements of EU Structural Funds is desirable, as is knowledge & experience of project management and financial management.
Salary is €41,625 - €49,990 p.a. (inclusive of Long Service Increment).
The Local Government Superannuation Scheme will apply to this post.
The Assembly Headquarters is located in Waterford City
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is on or before 4.00 pm Thursday 28th June 2018
Southern Regional Assembly
Assembly House, O’Connell Street
Phone: 051 860700/710
The Southern Regional Assembly is committed to a policy of equal opportunity