EU 2021-27 Policy Framework
EU Funds are shaped by EU regulation which identifies five objectives where the EU is best placed to deliver investments in 2021-27:
- Smarter Europe
- Greener, carbon free Europe
- More Connected Europe
- More Social Europe
- Europe closer to citizens
What’s new for the EU 2021-27 period?
- 5 policy objectives focused on those most relevant for a competitive and future-proof Europe
- Climate targets: weighted climate & environmental contribution of investments, min. targets for funds, climate adjustment mechanism
- Greater empowerment in fund management: dedicated policy objective implemented only through territorial and local development strategies
- Simplification: one set single of rules for the eight Funds and reduced secondary legislation
- Conditions for success: streamlined enabling conditions throughout the programming period
- Flexible programming: allocation of flexibility amount only after midterm review of socio-economic situation/ new challenges
- Reinforced visibility & communication: beneficiaries and operations of strategic importance
Click here for more information on the EU's 2021-27 roadmap.