- SO: Developing & enhancing research and innovation capacities & the uptake of advanced technologies
- SO: Reaping the benefits of digitisation for citizens, companies, research organisations & public authorities
- SO: Enhancing sustainable growth & competitiveness of SMEs and job creation in SMEs, incl. by productive investment
- SO: Promoting energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions
- SO: Promoting climate change adaptation and disaster risk prevention, resilience, taking into account ecosystem-based approaches
- SO: Promoting the transition to a circular and resource efficient economy
- SO: Enhance institutional capacity of public authorities and stakeholders to implement macro-regional strategies and sea-basin strategies, as well as other territorial strategies.
For 20 years, the Northern Periphery & Arctic Programme (NPA) has provided a framework for regions to work together with a focus on promoting sustainable development in remote and sparsely populated communities. The 2021-27 programme will continue to do this, focusing on themes and activities to benefit most from transnational cooperation between the regions in the NPA area.
1. Strengthening the innovation capacity for resilient and attractive NPA communities
2. Strengthening the capacity for climate change adaptation, and resource sufficiency in NPA communities
3. Strengthening the organisational capacity among NPA communities to make use of cooperation opportunities
For further information, visit the Programme website.