Freedom of Information (FOI)
The provisions of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Acts establish three statutory rights:
1. A right for each person to access information held by public bodies.
2. A right for each person to have official information relating to himself/herself amended where it is incomplete, incorrect or misleading.
3. A right to obtain reasons for decisions affecting oneself.
The Acts assert the right of members of the public to obtain access to official information to the greatest extent possible consistent with the public interest and the right to privacy of individuals.
Freedom of Information Publication Scheme
The Southern Regional Assembly FOI Publication Scheme:
a) sets out information to assist members of the public in their understanding of the body and its functions
b) publishes the information it holds grouped together under information headings
c) explains the procedures to get acess to information or to establish what information the body holds
Before you decide to make a request for information under FOI from the Southern Assembly, why not explore our website or take a look at our FOI Publication Scheme and the guiding links below? The information you are seeking may already be available.
If you are unable to source the information your require routinely from our website, you may apply to obtain the information under the FOI Acts
How to make an application for information under FOI
All applications under the FOI Acts should be addressed to:
FOI Officer, Southern Regional Assembly, Assembly House, O'Connell Street, Waterford, Ireland
Telephone: + 353 (0) 51 860700 | Fax: + 353 (0) 51 879887 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What to include
In order for a request for information/records to comply with the requirements of the FOI Acts and to enable the request to be dealt with as efficiently as possible:
- Your application should be in writing;
- Your application should also indicate that the information is sought under the Freedom of Information Acts;
- You should indicate if information is required in a particular form, e.g. photocopy, computer disk, etc.;
- You should give as much detail as possible to enable us to identify the record/s. If you have difficulty in identifying the precise records we will be happy to assist you in preparing your request;
- You may be required to prove your identity, especially when requesting personal information you may, therefore, be asked to produce your passport, driving licence or other form of identification;
- You should include a daytime telephone number so that you can be contacted if it is necessary to clarify details of your request;
- You should pay the prescribed fee by cheque or bank draft made payable to the Southern Regional Assembly.
We are obliged to respond to your request within four weeks.
|Southern Regional Assembly - FOI Publication Scheme||view|