The Southern Regional Assembly fully respects your right to privacy.
We may be required to collect and process various types of documentation containing information about people and organisations as part of our remit. Some information may include personal data, as defined by the Data Protection Acts 1988/2009/2018 (the Acts) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Personal data may be exchanged with Government Departments, local authorities, or other public bodies in circumstances where this is explicitly provided for by EU or national legislation.
The Southern Regional Assembly will ensure that personal data is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly & transparently
- Collected for specific, explicit & legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant & limited to what’s necessary
- Accurate & kept up to date
- Kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary
- Handled and stored in a way to ensure appropriate security
- To know what we do with your personal information
- To access your personal information
- To object to or restrict the usage of your personal information
- To have your personal information deleted, unless we have a reason to keep it
- To stop direct marketing messages
- To receive your personal information in a commonly-used format, or to have it passed to another data controller
We will not collect personal information about you on our website without your clear permission. Any personal information supplied by you through our website will be used solely for the intended purpose and we will not pass your details to third parties.
Technical details of your visit to our website are recorded, including IP addresses and web search terms. We use Google Analytics to capture this data through “cookies”- small text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. Web browsers allow you to customise cookies through your browser settings.
We do not collect cookies in a way that could identify individuals nor does it allow a third party to do so. They are used in aggregated format for statistical purposes only to improve the website’s services and functionality and to fulfil reporting obligations to the Office of the Information Commissioner.
Our website contains links to external websites which are not covered by this privacy statement. We do not accept any liability for incorrect or broken links on our website. Please be aware when leaving our website to read the privacy statement of the subsequent website you are visiting.
Contact the Southern Regional Assembly
Right of Complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your response from the Southern Regional Assembly, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission: