MATCH UP Handbook of Good Practices
It has arrived the MATCH-UP Handbook of Good Practices to foster low carbon urban mobility
MATCH-UP focuses on the optimisation of the places where people change between low carbon transport modes – Walking/Cycling, Public Transport, Rail Transport and Green Vehicles. This project aims to improve these interchanges at local level to improve public transport by learning from our Interregional partners.
The MATCH-UP Handbook outlines all the Interregional Good Practices identified through the MATCH-UP project including the following Good Practices from Ireland:
- Cork Transport and Mobility Forum (TMF) – Cork City Council
- Cycle and Ride Infrastructure associated with Luas Light Rail – Transport Infrastructure Ireland
- Green-Schools Travel Programme – An Taisce
- Local Link Rural Transport Programme – Waterford Local Link
- Limerick Smarter Travel, Workplace Mobility Management – Limerick City Council
To find out more CLICK HERE!
MATCH-UP, a four and a half-year, 5-partners project was approved for a grant of €0.9m by the Interreg Europe Programme and commenced in July 2018 at a meeting in Bologna. The partnership consists of 4 European regions - Southern & Eastern Ireland, County of Northeim, Germany, Municipality of Funchal, Portugal and Timisoara Municipality, Romania who are working together to share experience, solutions, and good practice to develop and deliver better public policy to reduce carbon emissions and support low carbon urban mobility in designated urban centres.
For more about the MATCH-UP project click here
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION / INTERVIEW AND IMAGES, CONTACT:
Ms. Rose Power, EU Projects Officer