Website Privacy Statement
The Southern Regional Assembly is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website. We will not collect personal information about you on our website without your clear permission. Any personal information supplied by you through our website will be used solely for the intended purpose and we will not pass your details to third parties. Technical details of your visit to our website are recorded for business purposes only, including IP addresses and web search terms. This information is used in aggregated form for statistical purposes.
Our website contains links to other external websites which are not covered by this privacy statement. We do not accept any liability for incorrect or out of date links on our website. Please be aware when leaving our website to read the privacy statement of the subsequent website you are visiting.
We use the analytical tool, Google Analytics to capture statistics on user interaction with the website. This tool uses “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Web browsers allow you to control cookie usage through browser settings of your computer or mobile phone. Customising cookies by using your browser settings may impact on how you experience a website’s functions.
- To improve the website’s services and functionality
- To fulfil reporting obligations to the Office of the Information Commissioner
The Regional Assembly does not collect cookies in a manner that could specifically identify individuals, nor does it allow a third party to do so.
In accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988/2009/2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the Regional Assembly intends to ensure that any personal data given to us is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly & transparently
- Collected for specific, explicit & legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant & limited to what’s necessary
- Accurate & kept up to date
- Kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary
- Handled and stored in a way to ensure appropriate security
- To know what we do with your personal information
- To access your personal information
- To object to or restrict the usage of your personal information
- To have your personal information deleted, unless we have a reason to keep it
- To stop direct marketing messages
- To receive your personal information in a commonly-used format, or to have it passed to another data controller
We will take steps to verify your identity before granting access to your personal information. If you would like to make a Data Access Request, please contact email@example.com
Contacting the Southern Regional Assembly
Data Protection Officer
Southern Regional Assembly
Assembly House, O’Connell Street,
Waterford X91 F8PC
Tel: +353 51 860700
Right of Compaint to the Data Protection Commissioner
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your response from the Southern Regional Assembly, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission:
Data Protection Commission
Canal House, Station Road,
Portarlington, Co. Laois R32 AP23
Low Call: 1890 252 231